I got this recipe from a cookbook my mother-in-law gave me (All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook..I did alter prep time and one ingredient) and I’ve made quite a few recipes from it and loved every one of them. The greatest thing about this cookbook is that all of the meals are already altered to healthier versions! I was inspired to make this as soon as I saw it because the week before I had eaten at a quaint coffee shop in downtown Omaha that had an amazing curried tuna salad…so I thought I’d give this recipe a whirl.
Prep: 12 minutes
Combine: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (8 0z) chopped cooked chicken breast (I used Costco’s Kirkland brand canned premium chicken breast packed in water but you can also buy a roasted chicken or roast one yourself)
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple (I used canned pineapple)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (I am new to using curry powder…it was something unfamiliar and unknown, but now a new favorite seasoning!)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture and stir. Sprinkle with almonds. Put in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. I served it on fresh croissants…Yum!
The recipe says this yields 2 servings (I would say 4). My husband and I had it for 2 meals (1 dinner and 1 lunch).