Yet another recipe from the All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook. This pie tastes like ice cream cake and I even had a friend ask what kind of ice cream was in it. The recipe is super quick and easy to throw together, the only time consuming part is freezing it for 8 hours.
Prep: 10 minutes
Freeze: 8 hours
- Graham Cracker Crust (you can make your own, but I store bought mine)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter (I used regular peanut butter because that’s what I had in my kitchen)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced banana (I used one large banana)
- 1/4 cup fat-free chocolate sundae syrup (I couldn’t find this at our grocery store so I used regular Hershey’s chocolate sundae syrup)
Prepare filling by combining brown sugar, cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange banana in bottom of prepared crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over banana; drizzle with syrup. Cover and freeze for 8 hours.
Yields: 10 servings