While my husband and I were back home for Christmas my parents made this great salmon recipe. My husband liked it so much he asked me to make it just a week later. This recipe is pretty quick and I love Parmesan cheese so it was a hit with me.
The original website is from this site: http://shecookshecleans.net/2012/05/19/oven-roasted-salmon-with-parmesan-mayo-crust/
Prep: 8 minutes
Cook: 10-15 minutes
- 16-20 ounces salmon fillet(s)
- Kosher salt/ freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- additional Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- a few dashes of sweet paprika (I couldn’t find this at the grocery store so I used regular paprika)
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature(*See Note below)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, or pepper blend, to taste
Place the eggs in a blender or small food processor. Blend the eggs alone for about a minute, so they will be ready to adsorb the oil. Add lemon juice, dry mustard and salt, and mix in with the eggs. With the blender running, SLOWLY start adding the oil, a few drops at a time, until the liquid begins to thicken up some; then you can start adding the oil in a thin, steady stream. Continue blending until all the oil is incorporated. Season the mayonnaise with salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with foil. Rinse the salmon with cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels, and place in roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Mix the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. (*variation- you can add a layer of regular mayonnaise to the salmon before adding Parmesan-Mayo mixture) Spread completely over the salmon. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese on top, and add a few dashes of sweet paprika.
Roast for 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon). Remove from oven and serve.
*I love to serve salmon with asparagus or caramelized brussel sprouts
Happy Eating 🙂