This shrimp is probably the best shrimp I have ever tasted. The marinade is delicious and would probably taste great on chicken as well. I served it with Garlic Lime Chicken and Grilled Pineapple.
Honey Lime Shrimp
I got the recipe Here
Prep: 6 minutes (plus 30-60 minutes in fridge)
Cook: 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T honey
- juice of one small lime, or half a large lime (2-3 T)
- zest of one small lime, or half a large lime
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions: Combine all of the ingredients, except shrimp, in a large Ziploc bag and squish to mix. Add Shrimp, seal, and refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
Heat grill to medium-high heat and cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes each side.
My husband and I decided to have a surf and turf dinner this weekend so I picked a few recipes on Pinterest that looked like they’d fit well together and we ended up with a pretty awesome result. This chicken is so flavorful we can’t wait to have it again, but be aware that it has a bit of a kick to it. If you want to lessen the spice cut back on the cayenne pepper. We served this with Honey Lime Shrimp and Grilled Pineapple.
Grilled Pineapple, Garlic Lime Chicken, and Honey Lime Shrimp
I got the recipe Here
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat the grill to medium high heat and cook the chicken for about 6 minutes on each side until done. When chicken is done sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice.
(If you don’t feel like grilling heat 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.)