This is yet another awesome recipe from SkinnyTaste.com. It tastes a lot like a quiche to me and could be a great light meal or side dish.
Prep: 15-20 minutes
Cook: 30-35 minutes
- 10 oz shredded zucchini, all liquid squeezed out (I shredded it in my food processor to save time)
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a pie dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine zucchini, shallots, chives, and mozzarella. In another medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and remaining ingredients. Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture. Pour mixture into pie dish and top with Parmesan. Bake 30-35 minutes and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 6. Calories 125.3. Fat 4.8g. Protein 8.1g. Carbs 13.1g. Fiber 2.0g. Sugars 2.5g. Sodium 420.1mg.