I know I have mentioned this before, but my husband and I do not like a ton of seafood. If something tastes very fishy I cannot eat it. Therefore, I love tilapia! It’s not a fishy fish and so I like it 🙂 This is Bobby’s Baked Tilapia from the Food Network. We both really enjoyed it (me especially mmm). This dish is flavorful, light, and best of all quick to throw together!
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
- Butter cooking spray
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic (this is my own addition)
- Note: If you like more zip add a seeded and diced jalapeno
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron skillet with a nonstick butter spray. Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the cast iron pan. Season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper, garlic, lime zest and lime juice. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes.
I served this over jasmine rice which was a delicious combination!
Happy Eating 🙂